5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2011 3:05 PM by F Shippey
BeautifulJrzyGrl Level 1 Level 1

I am trying to create a movie from video I shot with my new camcorder (Canon M40).  I have successfully been able to take the videos and edit them in iMovie.  Once I am finished with iMovie, I want to put them on a DVD and retain the HD quality.  I share to media browser once finished - what setting should I do this on?  I picked the largest one...but I don't know if this is correct.  .  Then go into iDVD and pull the movie into the DVD.  Then I burn the DVD.

The DVD will play in a windows computer.  However, when I insert the DVD into my PS3, it doesn't work.  Any reason why this is?

Do I need to do anything differently in order to play the dvd on a Sony PS3?

Thanks!

Mac OS X (10.6.7)
Reply by F Shippey on Apr 23, 2011 12:04 PM Helpful
I want to put them on a DVD and retain the HD quality

DVDs are standard definition devices.

If you get Roxio's Toast Titanium (with the Blu-ray plugin) you will be able to put about 30 minutes of HD content on a Blu-ray playable disc using your existing burner and media.

Reply by F Shippey on Apr 23, 2011 1:58 PM Helpful
For some reason when I insert my DVD to PS3, it does not show up.  No matter what, I want to be able to play this on my PS3.

I would think so... What brand and type (+ or -) are you using?

why only 30 minutes worth?  Any reason?

Since you aren't using a Blu-ray burner or Blu-ray media, what you are doing is creating a "Blu-ray compatable" disc - not a true Blu-ray disc.

All replies

• F Shippey Level 7 Level 7
    I want to put them on a DVD and retain the HD quality

DVDs are standard definition devices.

If you get Roxio's Toast Titanium (with the Blu-ray plugin) you will be able to put about 30 minutes of HD content on a Blu-ray playable disc using your existing burner and media.

• BeautifulJrzyGrl Level 1 Level 1

Oh....good point. 

But, shouldn't my PS3 play a standard dvd anyway?  For some reason when I insert my DVD to PS3, it does not show up.  No matter what, I want to be able to play this on my PS3.

I didn't think that I could burn blu-ray with my mac?  And, why only 30 minutes worth?  Any reason?

For some reason when I insert my DVD to PS3, it does not show up.  No matter what, I want to be able to play this on my PS3.

I would think so... What brand and type (+ or -) are you using?

why only 30 minutes worth?  Any reason?

Since you aren't using a Blu-ray burner or Blu-ray media, what you are doing is creating a "Blu-ray compatable" disc - not a true Blu-ray disc.

• BeautifulJrzyGrl Level 1 Level 1

I am using Memorex 8.5 GB 8x DVD +RDL

Once burned, it only is playing on the computer (both windows pc and a mac), but still not on PS3.  PS3 doesn't even pick up that the disc is in there.  

It MAY very well be the Memorex media you are using.  Memorex has a VERY poor track record in the forum. Verbatim and Maxell media are your best bets.