Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor battery life on macbook, Strange behavior with battery life indicator

My macbook's battery has been performing pretty poorly of late. I can't stand on battery for more than a few minutes. Last couple of days, surprisingly the battery life indicator on the top right has been showing 100%. Later I realized that this is completely inaccurate (sometimes it showed expected length of 8150 something hrs!). Right now, it's gotten even more weird - says no battery installed.

Any advice from the experts would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 1:27 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2011 12:30 PM in response to goodmacuser

I had this similar problem. I would even have days where it would actually show that the battery was good and it would hold a charge without being plugged in. Then other days it would say the battery was poor and I would have to stay on the charger all day to use it.

I called Apple; they suggest I purchase a new battery. I have and so far, so good.

Good luck.

Poor battery life on macbook, Strange behavior with battery life indicator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.