Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into Chase.com....???

Running Safari 1.3.1 (v312.3.3) and i am unable to log into my account on chase.com, when i click the Log On button it just hangs there then i get this:

Safari can’t open the page “ https://chaseonline.chase.com/siteminderagent/forms/formpost.fcc”.

The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011)

Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

I have tried many times to get in and i can't, i can log in from my PC just fine, and i can navigate their website no problem, but anytime i try to send information to them like logging in or emailing them for help, it doesn't work. Any ideas?

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.3.8)

Posted on Jan 5, 2006 8:32 PM

7 replies

Jan 5, 2006 10:36 PM in response to Luis Laguna

Luis, Welcome to Apple's users help users forums. This is what I got.

"System Error
Error Message SM999
We are unable to process your request because the system is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later or contact Customer Service at 1-877-888-4791 for additional assistance
regarding Error Message SM999.

Log Back On"

Try them again, as they may have been the one with the problem.

Good Luck, JP

Jan 30, 2006 5:12 PM in response to Luis Laguna

I had no problem with Chase.com when I used it in early December, but I have not been able to log onto my account since the first of the year. (I use it to pay my credit card bill.) I get a message saying that "Safari can't open the page." I called their customer service and the customer rep said that Safari is not compatible with their system. I told them that I was going to cancel my card and use another.

Citibank's system works well with Safari, and I like my Mac better than that credit card.

Jan 31, 2006 3:01 AM in response to Luis Laguna

Hi Luis,
I did not get that message, I got the same as Jpfresno , i tried it with Java dis-abled, javascript dis-abled & then both enabled, with stylesheet, without, with Pop-up blocker on & of no difference.
I received this message:

Error Message SM999
We are unable to process your request because the system is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later or contact Customer Service at 1-877-888-4791 for additional assistance
regarding Error Message SM999.

I clicked "log back on" down under error message & I got to the log in Page:
two cookies on: chaseonline.chase.com...Peakstone..8388 no/secure etc...
chaseonline.chase.com...JSESSIONID no/secure,
I would be all set it seems, but I do not use them no acc# (yuk them) other wise I would see how much further I could get, for you

I notice that you have the latest Safari version 1.3.2 (v312.5)
but not the lastest build osx for Panther 10.3.9. your
is 10.3.8 on your specs, correct? if so why not update to 10.3.9
w/Combo Updater, perhaps some goodies in there you
are missing, in conjuncution to the Lastest Safari version.

Just a thought.
Eme

(If you do, do not forget to yes, run permission repair before & after.)

Mar 3, 2006 6:03 AM in response to Luis Laguna

I have recently, got this Safari error message from many sites (often 1/20 pages), If I reload the page it always work (your case being a login page is probably why it doesn't work for you at all). I have also noticed that many pages load a lot slower now. This problem haven't been around for more than two weeks for me (on regular basis).

PowerMac G5 Mac OS X (10.4.5)

Can't log into Chase.com....???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.