Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb site wont publish!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!

So I have made updates to my iweb site, trying to publish the past 2 days and nothing is working

I have tried......

1. Publishing to FTP, site name is typed in server address and everything. The message I get is, A connection to "MY SITE" couldn't be established. Verify settings and try again. I have tried and made sure everything is ok and nothing doing.

2. I have made sure on my Godaddy profile i changed the @ symbol to web.me.com as I was instructed by a youtube video.

NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.

I have a Godaddy domain name and this has worked just fine in the past so not sure, I did upgrade my iweb so that could be it maybe?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 2:55 PM

8 replies

Apr 24, 2011 12:16 AM in response to WEDeditguy2121

Your problem is that you are trying to publish your site to the wrong place.

You state in your original post that you have "checked the @ symbol and changed it to web.me.com". You have a domain name at GoDaddy, but no hosting and you have just enabled CNAME forwarding at GoDaddy.

This means that you need to go back into iWeb and rather than selecting ftp to server, you need to select publish to MobileMe instead.

If you don't have a hosting account with GoDaddy, then you will never be able to connect with the server. Try publishing your site to MobileMe instead and that should work.

iWeb site wont publish!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.