Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I schedule my computer to sleep at a certain time every day, it goes to sleep at a completely different time.

I've been struggling with this problem for a bit.

I want the computer to sleep every night at 11pm, and wake every day at 9am.

I've set the times in the power saving preferences panel. No problem. However, at 19:42 every day, I'm told that the computer is scheduled to shut down, and do I REALLY want to do that? Of course I don't, so I cancel.

It wakes up pretty reliably at 9am, I'm pretty sure, but of course I have to put it to sleep myself.

I tried unchecking both items and quitting preferences, then coming back in, and the times are set back to 12:00AM. Then I set them to the times I want.

I THINK it might work for a little while after that, but then go back to this odd behaviour of trying to go to sleep at what seems to be an arbitrary time, though it's the SAME arbitrary time every day. :/

Anyone seen this?

24" 2.93GHz iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 4:50 PM

There are no replies.

When I schedule my computer to sleep at a certain time every day, it goes to sleep at a completely different time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.