Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail "notes" disappear / some from past appear in inbox/notes

My "notes" in desktop mail ("Reminders"-> "Notes") seemed to have reverted to a past version from over a month ago AND popped into my inbox. I found the notes that seem to have completely disappeared in a deleted folder in finder (Home->Library->mail->etc) and moved the to the folder where the current notes seem to be (Home->Library->Mail->Mac-(myname)->Notes.imapmbox). However when I close/open mail etc the notes that got apparenlty deleted still don't show up. I tried moving the inbox notes to 'Mobileme' and delting them, and restarting the computer, but can't get the old notes to show up. At this point is confusing as to what the actual description of the problem is, not surprisingly, but things aren't right.

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 8:33 PM

When you begin the practice of moving the files in

Home->Library->mail->etc around in the Finder you will find yourself in a maze of twisty little passages, all different.

If you can see the notes in Mail I would suggest you select the text from them and paste them into new notes where you want them while you still can.

See also: Re: "Notes" Appear in "Mail" Inbox

Added link to thread about Mail preference for notes in inbox.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2011 8:33 PM in response to Darren Linkin

When you begin the practice of moving the files in

Home->Library->mail->etc around in the Finder you will find yourself in a maze of twisty little passages, all different.

If you can see the notes in Mail I would suggest you select the text from them and paste them into new notes where you want them while you still can.

See also: Re: "Notes" Appear in "Mail" Inbox

Added link to thread about Mail preference for notes in inbox.

Apr 24, 2011 6:56 AM in response to ber

Ah, you are very wise, ber...a simple solution, obvious when one hears it, not though of before. I grant thee a 10 point "Correct Answer" click!

I also found an email preference box that was checked for "Accounts->Mailbox Behaviors-> Show Notes in inbox" which I would have NEVER clicked. Also my other mailboxes are all present but are moved back to a more 'default' order then I had moved them into. Finally the size of opened messages and fields in teh inbox seems to have reverted too. Looks like 10.6.7 upgraded recently....maybe that was the culprit for the notes issue and the rest.

Thanks again!

Mail "notes" disappear / some from past appear in inbox/notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.