Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loading Windows 7 question

I'm thinking of loading Windows 7 Pro as a dual boot OS. I have the new MacBook Pro 2011.

Which version do I load, 32 or 64 bit? I prefer 64-bit if supported.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 9:22 PM

Yes 64-bit is supported.

7 replies

Apr 24, 2011 7:59 AM in response to gwforeman

So the new MBP I got a week ago doesn't have this?

Yes and no. Once your install Win 7 64 bit via the Boot Camp wizard, you will eventually boot directly into Windows for the first time. Just as if you were installing it on typical PC hardware.

Now! The very first thing to do at that point is to put the Snow Leopard install DVD your MPB came with into the Mac's drive. Windows will ask what you want to do with it. Choose "Run Setup". This installs the Win 7 hardware drivers for your Mac. Restart at the end if it asks.

Lastly, run Apple Software Update, which will now be in the Windows Start menu. If the drivers on your OS X install disk weren't already up to date, it will let you know if you need to download and install the Boot Camp 3.2 driver update. These updates are Windows .exe files, so you install them while booted into Windows from its desktop, not while in OS X.

Loading Windows 7 question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.