Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes will not open - coregraphics.dll error

I have a 32-bit Windows 7, and was using iTunes without problems for a bout a year before today.

Everytime I try to run iTunes, it gives me an error saying:

• "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\Coregraphics.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program using the orginal installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for support" with an OK button.
  • After clicking ok i get another error saying "iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (windows error 193)

• I also downloaded the correct version for iTunes for windows from the Apple site twice, uninstalled & reinstalled atleast 4 times, and still face the same problem.

Please help someone 😢

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 4:20 PM

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\Coregraphics.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program using the orginal installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for support" with an OK button.

After clicking ok i get another error saying "iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (windows error 193)

Those ones suggest you've got a damaged Apple Application Support program file. (Apple Application Support is where single copies of program files used by multiple different Apple programs are kept.)

Let's try something relatively simple first. Restart the PC. (Click through the iTuneshelper warning.) Then head into your Uninstall a program control panel. Select "Apple Application Support" and click "repair".

Does the repair install go through okay? If so, restart the PC again and try launching iTunes again. Do iTuneshelper and iTunes launch properly now?

3 replies
    Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2011 4:20 PM in response to gauravfrommumbai

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\Coregraphics.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program using the orginal installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for support" with an OK button.

After clicking ok i get another error saying "iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (windows error 193)

Those ones suggest you've got a damaged Apple Application Support program file. (Apple Application Support is where single copies of program files used by multiple different Apple programs are kept.)

Let's try something relatively simple first. Restart the PC. (Click through the iTuneshelper warning.) Then head into your Uninstall a program control panel. Select "Apple Application Support" and click "repair".

Does the repair install go through okay? If so, restart the PC again and try launching iTunes again. Do iTuneshelper and iTunes launch properly now?

iTunes will not open - coregraphics.dll error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.