Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lotus Notes Traveler; Slow Push to iOS?

My company uses Lotus Notes and Lotus Notes Traveler to support the few iPhones/iPads and Android users we have. (99% of users have Blackberry devices).

Our Notes server admin has set up Traveler, and it works fine for his Android phone. Several iPhone users report no problems with email on their devices.

My experience with Traveler and iOS has been horrible, though. Email push is painfully slow....it can take hours sometimes before an email appears on either my iPhone or iPad. If I select the Lotus Notes email account on either device and go to InBox, I can watch the progress spinner whirl for several minutes. Sometimes it gets the email eventually, sometimes it doesn't.

As this same condition exists on my iPhone, my old iPad, and now on my iPad2, I am pretty sure the problem is at the server end, but our admin says everything is set up correctly there. Obviously, something's not right, though.

Are there any Notes server admins out there who might have any suggestions for me and/or our server admin?

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 3:36 PM

4 replies

Apr 25, 2011 11:24 AM in response to MacMikeInOK

The problem is with your individual email (nsf) database. If other IOS users are not having an issue your notes admin needs to look at your individual account. Traveler and IOS work well together and you should not see this...

go to http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/dominowiki.nsf/xpViewCategories.xsp?lookupName=Admin istering%20Lotus%20Notes%20Traveler%208.5.2 and have you server admin check the part under server troubleshooting - they can troubleshoot by user. Have them check the traveler logs when you are actually trying to get a push.

Apr 26, 2011 6:11 AM in response to gyrhead

Gyrhead, while waiting for our server admin to investigate things, I just now realized I probably should have mentioned in my original post that I also have a Blackberry, and that Notes email pushed to/from this phone works just fine. Maybe there's something wonky with my nsf database on the server....but wouldn't this affect my Blackberry's operation as well?

Is there any chance that having my MobileMe email accounts on my iOS devices somehow interferes with the Lotus Notes email? The MobileMe account works fine....again, it's just the Lotus Notes that doesn't seem to be playing well....

Mike

Apr 27, 2011 5:54 AM in response to gyrhead

Just a follow up on this post.....

Our server admin yesterday deleted my account in Notes Traveler, and I deleted my Lotus Notes email accounts on both of my devices (iPhone/iPad). Our admin then restored my account in Traveler, and I added my Notes email account to both devices. Push email now seems to be working well, but none of us know exactly what went wrong.....but I'm glad it's working properly now.

Lotus Notes Traveler; Slow Push to iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.