Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question regarding Score view in Track Editor

I have two midi/software tracks I'm working with in Garageband '09. Track 1 is currently selected (green), which means that its midi notes are displayed below as sheet music on a piano staff in Score view inside the Track Editor. Track 2 is enabled for recording, even though it is unselected (grey). When I start recording on Track 2, the notes I'm playing thru my midi keyboard are temporarily displayed alongside the pre-existing notes on Track 1 in Score view. Only when I stop recording do the Track 2 notes disappear.

Is there some way to prevent the Track 2 notes from displaying in the first place?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Quadcore 2.66 GHz | 2x600GB | 8GB | Logic Pro 9

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 1:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 9:23 AM

Burgundia wrote:

Is there some way to prevent the Track 2 notes from displaying in the first place?

As far as I can tell, GB always wants to display the MIDI data of the software instrument it is currently recording in the track editor. Someone else might have some way to prevent this, but offhand, I think the answer is no.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2011 9:23 AM in response to Burgundia

Burgundia wrote:

As far as I can tell, GB always wants to display the MIDI data of the software instrument it is currently recording in the track editor. Someone else might have some way to prevent this, but offhand, I think the answer is no.

Question regarding Score view in Track Editor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.