Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHY WONT MY IPHONE TURN ON

Why wont my iphone turn on

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 9:19 AM

9 replies

Dec 29, 2011 6:41 AM in response to thelynchmob

All, the best option came from a similar problem (post I made as well) with my iPhone 4S. @wjosten gets the credit and the solution is hold "both" the power and home button in until the iPhone restarts. That's it, all you then may want to do is kill some of the applications you have running by pressing the icons until they go 'wiggly', double press the home button and select the subtract icons from the running applications.

This sorted me completely and I also recommend being suspect of the last APP you downloaded. I've found this can happen from time to time.

May 25, 2012 2:53 PM in response to turingtest2

Haha! it's no joke when you're going mad and want to chcuck it out of the window!!

- - - - IF ALL ELSE FAILS - - - - (and I mean nothing has worked...)

- Plug in mains charger.

- Wait for Apple logo (as long as it takes - a minute or an hour)

- then it will bleep (ditto " ")

- then it will start itself up (ditto again)

- You may get your home screen or it may say "activate"

- Go through options and you're back up.

If it goes down again. Do above (as I have) and do full reset.I wiped everything off on the basis my iPhone was corrupted / had bug whatever. THIS WORKED FOR ME.

Good luck and keep calm 😉 It will be OK and you will love your phone again once more!

WHY WONT MY IPHONE TURN ON

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.