Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know about the Mackeeper? Is it needed to protect my mac?

Does anyone know about mackeeper? And is it needed to protect my macbook?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 10:15 AM

4 replies

May 21, 2011 11:31 PM in response to EverardoG

Don't download mackeeper!

1st: when you get the pop-ups, they will get worse over time. I heard from other people they even could'nt open their Safari anymore. The problem with mackeeper pop-ups is that they you can't view a website before you press some buttons of them (wich leeds to problems) and that they aren't pop-ups from the site you're viewing (so the site you're viewing don't get paid for it).

To avoid this pop-ups: download glimmerblocker!

Really search on internet if you can trust it (I also did), but you'll see it's safe. Really great software. Since I downloaded it, and put it on, I never got these problems anymore!

I never downoaded mackeeper but still the pop-up would show up more frequntly over time, really frustrating.

2nd: When you download it, you got some serious problems. It isn't good software at all. It slows your mac to a new level. I don't know what to do in this case.

Does anyone know about the Mackeeper? Is it needed to protect my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.