Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6.7 netboot image won't unmount internal hdd in disk utility

I recently upgraded my snow leopard server from 10.6.6 to 10.6.7 in order to use the latest SIU to create some diagnostic images for the new MBP Early 2011. I can create the images just fine and can netboot the early 2011 MBP to the images, but when i try and use disk utility to repair the internal hard drive it says that it can't unmount the drive. Disk utility can unmount all external drives and repair them but not the internal drives.

My source machine is the early 2011 MBP and I placed the 10.6.7 OS on the internal hard drive. Once I made all the adjustments to my source machine, I put the source machine in target disk mode and connected it to my mac mini server via firewire 800. I used the default options for creating a netboot image in SUI. The image is created every time I try this but I can't get disk utility to unmount the internal hard drive for diagnostics. Any ideas?

Thanks,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 11:41 AM

2 replies

10.6.7 netboot image won't unmount internal hdd in disk utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.