Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPhone to new computer question

I would like to sync my iPhone to a new computer. When I try to do so it gives me the dialog box that says it will erase my current iTunes library and replace it with the new one. Does this just erase my music and videos, or does it erase all of my info on the phone? If it does erase everything, how can I go about syncing to a new computer while retaining all of the current information on my phone. *I do not have access to my original synced computer.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 11:56 AM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2011 12:48 PM in response to Boberts227

Where is your backup copy of your old computer?

Use this to copy everything to the new computer.

If for some reason you have failed to maintain a backup ( not good), then you can transfer itunes purchases from the iphone: Without syncing - File>Transfer Purchases

If you enter at least one unique contact in the new computer, then you should get the option to merge the data when you first sync. The same is true of calendar items.

Your pics that were synced from your old computer will be erased. You could e-mail them to yourself before syncing, but they will never be of the original resolution.

Syncing iPhone to new computer question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.