Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash player for iPad

Hi. i am thinking of buying the new iPad 2 and i wanted to ask if there is such a thing as a Flash player or alternative to Flash Player?

with lack of Flash compatibility what makes the iPad better than an Android tablet as regards the issue?

Intel Core i5, Windows 7, 4GB RAM

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 1:44 PM

29 replies

Apr 25, 2011 2:05 PM in response to onslaught

with lack of Flash compatibility what makes the iPad better than an Android tablet as regards the issue?

Not having Flash makes the iPad more stable, less buggy, more secure, and smoother running than a tablet with Flash. But if you think you need Flash, an iPad is perhaps not for you.

Read comparison reviews of the iPad 2 and Android tablets to see what makes the iPad 2 better.

Apr 25, 2011 2:51 PM in response to onslaught

Google bought vp8, a horrible video codec, to try to force it down everones throat as a web standard.

More and more websites are realizing they cannot ignore the 175 million people using iOS devices( http://www.macrumors.com/2011/03/01/html5-adoption-for-web-video-continues-to-gr ow/ )

Adobe itself has released a tool to switch flash content into IOS watchable video.

Flash is dying, everyone including adobe knows this.

Apr 27, 2011 12:55 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

many might or might not agree with "Flash is dying" but still its a general notion that with Flash you can experince the web as it is and the way it was meant to be viewed albeit the annoying ads.

Sure with a device with Flash it consumes a lot of battery power but with technology improving (with ultra low power Nvidia Tegra 2 chips and power saving processors, etc.) surely that would compensate for that isn't it?

Flash player for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.