Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Out of Memory - Brand new Machine

2x2.4 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon

12 GB 1066 Mhz DDR3

2 1TB Hard drives with more than 800gbs on 1 and empty 2nd hardrive

When editing project, I have 2 videos exported in the Animation format because they need to have alpha channels (titles) those were edited in After Effects.

When I go to render my layers: video, and the 2 layered animations, I get => "General Error: Out of Memory"

How do I fix this, I know I can use apple pro res 422 codec for the sequence but I dont want to go through rendering that. It seems to be a waste of my time.

The footage was captured on a Canon 60d which is recorded in the H.264 codec and in the past I have converted a couple times to speed up timeline jumps but will I have to do this to all my footage to edit with videos that have alpha channels. This seems a little rediculous. When I edit same way at home I have never had this issue using the exact same install of software...cmon apple...

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2x2.4 GHz Quad Core 12GB 1066 MHZ

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 1:44 PM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2011 6:29 PM in response to stopshortx

Having a brand new computer means nothing if you don't know how to properly run the software.

If youv'e got alpha channels, you could to convert those files to the ProRes4444 preset...

The rest convert to ProRes 422 LT with Compressor or through the Media Manager.

It may seem like a waste of time, but constantly have to re-render and restart your computer is an even larger waste of time...

If you search h.264 here, you'll see the same advice over and over again...

Out of Memory - Brand new Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.