Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mark All As Read overwritten

I don't know if this was reported, (too many complain threads to keep track. 😟 ) The "Mark all as read" link is partially overwritten by the page numbers list.

User uploaded file

This with Safari 5.0.4 (6533.20.27) on OSX 10.6.7. (Macbook Pro 2008 Penryn.) Changing size of Safari window does not help. Zooming in/out on Safari View menu does not help.

MBP 15" Penryn, Mini 2009, iPad1 3G (4.3.1), Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 6:24 PM

Hi, Asatoran -

Just experimented with that forum a bit. Initially it appeared fine (Safari 5.0.5, OSX 10.6.7). However, when I started opening pages deeper into the deck, the page number array began moving to the left, more so when double-digit page numbers came into play. Yes, it finally overran the 'mark all as read' link.

The solution was to cilck the "1" to get the view back to page one. Once there, the 'mark all as read' link was easily clicked. Since that action affects all pages in that discussion at the same time (not just the page being viewed), it makes no difference upon which page it is clicked.

If you want to keep your place on a deeper page, then open page 1 in a tab - Command-click the "1" to do that. You can then click the 'mark all' link, then close the tab and you're back where you were.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2011 6:24 PM in response to Asatoran

Hi, Asatoran -

Just experimented with that forum a bit. Initially it appeared fine (Safari 5.0.5, OSX 10.6.7). However, when I started opening pages deeper into the deck, the page number array began moving to the left, more so when double-digit page numbers came into play. Yes, it finally overran the 'mark all as read' link.

The solution was to cilck the "1" to get the view back to page one. Once there, the 'mark all as read' link was easily clicked. Since that action affects all pages in that discussion at the same time (not just the page being viewed), it makes no difference upon which page it is clicked.

If you want to keep your place on a deeper page, then open page 1 in a tab - Command-click the "1" to do that. You can then click the 'mark all' link, then close the tab and you're back where you were.

Apr 25, 2011 6:40 PM in response to Don Archibald

Just an FYI, I had no issue with clicking the Mark All As Read link, just reporting that the layout is "badly done" in that it should not over write the words.

I use the Mark All As Read so I can quickly "catch up" and normally do not go much past 5-10 unread pages. But I was not online the entire Easter weekend so the iPad forum had over 20 pages of unread threads. So I am not really affected by the issue, but just saying that the someone didn't layout the frames well (or whatever. I've not expended the energy to see exactly what code is messing up.)

BTW, I'm not even mad at Apple for the issues with the new forums. One other forum I read uses Jive also and they went through a really, really, really bad upgrade last year. I see much of the same "enhancements" that don't work well there also not working here on the Apple forums so I'm resigned to the fact that it's Jive that has a bad product...but good sales people. 😉

Mark All As Read overwritten

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.