Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store Error: 'Not enough memory available'

Hello, I'm having some problems purchasing items on the iTunes store.

Whenever I try, I get the message 'We could not complete your iTunes Store request. There is not enough memory available'.

However, I have plenty of memory available.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Quicktime and iTunes, however the error still remains.

I'm using Windows 7 and the latest version of iTunes (10.2.2).

Any idea on what I should do?

I don't want to create a new account as I have some credit on the one I'm using now.

Thanks 🙂

Windows 2000

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 2:44 PM

8 replies

Apr 27, 2011 6:24 AM in response to hasy16

I've been getting the same error message on 2 computers for over a week. Plenty of memory, and no other issues. I sent an e-mail to the i-tunes folks, and here was the reply that I got - not helpful for me at all, and I still have the problem.

I I have confirmed that the iTunes Store is functioning and accepting connections. There is no error from our end and you should be able to connect to the iTunes Store if your internet connection is active.

Therefore, the issue is likely related to your Internet connection, local network, or computer.

iTunes has a feature called Network Diagnostics that can help you diagnose issues that prevent you from connecting to the iTunes Store.

First, make sure you're using the latest version of iTunes, which is available free of charge:

http://www.itunes.com/download

Now follow these steps to use Network Diagnostics:

1) Open iTunes.

2) Choose Diagnostics from the Help menu at the top.

3) Select Network Diagnostics and click Run. A report will show your Network Interface Status, your Internet Connection Status, and your iTunes Store Connection Status.

I hope that using Network Diagnostics helps you to reestablish your connection to the iTunes Store. If not, please respond to this email with the following:

- The results provided by Network Diagnostics

- The type of Internet connection you use (such as dial-up, cable modem, DSL, or corporate network)

- The name of your Internet service provider (ISP)

- The name of any firewall, antivirus, or security software installed on your computer

The iTunes Store cannot investigate every user's connection issue, but any information you provide might enable us to investigate issues that could be affecting a group of customers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

May 2, 2011 12:14 PM in response to kelly79

Apple wasn't helpful. I removed all the programs and re-installed itunes (Apple Suggestion) and that didnt work either. My brother actually logged into itunes using my computer with his itunes account and was able to buy music. There is somthing clearly wrong with my account number then? He had no issues buying music using MY COMPUTER. The problem is I have a 50$ credit on my account and if I create another then I will lose my credit. I guess I will try to call Apple again...

iTunes Store Error: 'Not enough memory available'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.