Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes 10 Crash on Podcasts?

Every time I try to open the Podcast tab on iTunes it freezes and I have to force quit it.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 6G iPod Nano, 5G iPod Nano,

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 5:32 PM

7 replies

May 22, 2011 11:31 PM in response to royhurford

I had the same problem. Clicking on the podcasts tab would freeze itunes. Then I noticed that when I did that, the internet connection would spike! So I came up with this solution: restart iTunes, connect ipad, click on the ipad under devices, turning off airport, click on the podcasts tab. And voila, it displays properly without freezing! This only had to be done once. Afterwards I iTunes worked fine with the airport on. Don't know why it was connecting to the internet, nor what it was trying to download. It's weird but it works. Hope it works for you too.

May 27, 2011 4:44 AM in response to royhurford

I'm having the exact same problem. No matter if I click on the podcasts menu on the left, or if I click on the podcasts option when trying to sync my iPad it freezes iTunes and I have to force quit it to work. This is very frustrating because this works fine on my Windows 7 machine but not my brand spanking new MacBook Pro.

I've tried everything from removing my library and recreating it and no matter what, as soon as I start using podcasts iTunes freezes and I'm unable to do anything until I quit and start again and even then I'm still not able to get into the podcasts.

Since you can't sync your device between two different iTunes machines, it's pretty useless to me at the moment. The whole idea of me getting a Mac in the first place was to phase out all my windows boxes. 😟

If anyone finds a proper solution to this I'd love to know.

Why does iTunes 10 Crash on Podcasts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.