Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No volume slider!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

The volume slider on my iPod Touch only works when I have my headphones plugged in or when the ipod is connected to a computer. As soon as I disconnect the headphones/USB cable; the volume slider disappears and I get no sound from the built in speakers. The problem started shortly after installing the iOS 4.0 firmware, but i'm not sure if that's what caused it or not. I've tried almost everything except restoring the ipod. Is there anything I can do to fix this without having to restore it? Thanx

iPod touch, iOS 4

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 7:33 PM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2011 10:43 AM in response to Beelzeboss22

i had this problem with my iphone 4 just after updating to ios 5.0.1 tried all fixes i could find and nothing worked. i had read that it was a bug with the new update and had given up and was just going to wait for the next update and hoped it worked again. then today i was in my car with it plugged into the aux cable and car charger. i took the car charger out first and then the aux cable and all the sudden everything worked. i had not been getting any sound from ipod, apps, texts, now everything is back. i had to turn the phone off then turn it back on for text sounds to come back but now i have everything. try this and hopefully it works for you

No volume slider!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.