Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does the handset with an arrow symbol mean at the top left of screen mean?

What does the symbol at the top left of screen mean? It is shaped like a phone handset with an arrow pointing away from it ?

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2017 7:34 PM

I don't have call forwarding set up on my phone but still had the handset with an arrow going outwards at the top.

I went to call forwarding setting on the phone to verify that it's turned off and the symbol has disappeared on its own.

12 replies

Jun 6, 2013 5:36 PM in response to wjosten

I have the same problem every time I go into settings/ then call forwarding its off but when I check to see if its on or off it disappears and then reappears the very next day and when it is showing its showing right next to my Wifi and a lot of the times when I go into my mail icon or my music icon it goes drown to the other side then it's in front of my battery life and then it goes back next to the Wifi and call forwarding is off so why dose it keeping coming back the next day when call forwarding is turned off

What does the handset with an arrow symbol mean at the top left of screen mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.