Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keeps hanging when syncing

Hi

Is anyone else having this VERY annoying problem?

Every few times when I sync my iPad it just seems to hang during the backup process and never move passed it, I have left it for several hours with no success.

the only way to fix, is to remove iPad from computer, power it down, with a forced power down/reset, otherwise I just get a spinning gear.

Close iTunes, then reconnect, then it fails the backup, so I tell iTunes to do a manualy backup and then it wokrs for a few syncs.

Until I have to start all over again. 😠

Any help much appreciated.

Robin

iMac 27inch i7 12Gb & 240Gb SSD + drobo, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPhone 4, MacBook Air, Mac Mini and iPad

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 3:23 AM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2011 4:51 AM in response to Robster50

Have the same problems I let it sync all night I wake up and still need 2088 to sync from 8698 books. I am frustrated like you I do the same. It seems you disconnect both and when you started it seems going fast and the hang. I need help.

POSTED YESTERDAY:

I have a Macbook Pro, 8gb ram memory and 750 gb hard drive. Before the update my computer and my Ipad 1 generation 32gb Wifi only was sync without a problem. I have around 8698 epub books and 11 applications. I only use the ipad for e-reader. After April 24 itunes update my life change and I feel very upset because it takes almost 8 hours just to sync 6,000 books.

I have read all sync problems and try all solutions and it did not work.

Yesterday, My husband got me a Ipad2 64GB Wifi-3G At&t. Since he thought the ipad1 was broken.

Well as soon as I start sync was going very fast, but it hang around 6,000. I have try everything again, reseting all suggestion. and today I am still sync the ipad 2 with itunes and right now is 6:52 pm I have been sync all day and I am on 6531 books,

Why is taking so long? It was not like that before? I try 1000 at the time but I never have to do this before. I just frustrated feel out of luck? if any one can help, I will appreciated.

Jul 19, 2011 4:45 PM in response to Robster50

Having same problem. Do not get past backup section. So I have to delete the last backup. Restart the Ipad, then it hangs, then have to do the forced power down/reset, otherwise I just get a spinning gear.

Then plug it in again and it creates new backup.

Any solution to this problem? Or at least a way I can copy the backup (before deleting it) on the PC?

Sep 21, 2011 5:46 AM in response to mudhog

I have a solution but you wont like it!

I now get a perfect backup and Sync every time I attach my iPad.

HOWEVER, the ONLY way I managed to do this is by powering off my iPad, restarting it and then immeadiatly connecting it to iTunes.

This is NOT the ideal scenario but it does work and for me is manageble but is VERY un Apple!

Robin

iPad keeps hanging when syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.