Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another IOS 4.3.2 Battery issue.

Ok I've passed the last three dayt reading all the posts about the battery drainage under IOS 4.3.2, and I've tried quite everithing to stop the problem on my iPhone 3Gs, but I couldn't.

So I'm monitoring the processes running on the device to identify the one that's causing the problem, but there's a lot of system process that I can't recognize between others more interesting on my point of view. Is there a list of standard processes normally running on the ios?

Aside I've tried also to delete e reconfigure all my mail accounts, as suggested somewere in the forum, it didn't nothing.

At this point the battery countdown is terrific, 1% every two minutes with normal use... and I can't even do a downgrade! 😟

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 3:59 AM

30 replies

Apr 27, 2011 8:48 AM in response to ApteryxMAC

I read another post and the solution seemed to work for me.

Go to Settings --> Store and then sign out of the App store. It's not exactly a fix but seems to be a workaround. Yesterday my battery drained twice with minimal usage, today it's been unplugged for 3 hours and I'm only down to 96%

Give it a shot before restoring your phone. (I have a 3GS)

Apr 28, 2011 9:01 AM in response to ApteryxMAC

I don't know exactly if the problem is solved or not, but I've the impression that the battery goes better after doing a new trick... (the only thing remaining to do is a voodoo ritual now).

from an external forum...

My Solution

Finally I found it! Apple take note.

It is not the email accounts as there are no email accounts installed on my phone.

It is one of the downloaded apps from the App store. But which particular app I am unsure.

All this while, when using my iPhone 3Gs and iPhone4, I have not used my 3G data because I have been using WiFi at home and WiFi in the office and WiFi everywhere.

One of the programs using Notifications or Push has been requesting data through the Cellular Data.

The program somehow does not want to use your WiFi.

The program is running in the background and even when you reset your phone, the program will still come on and try to use your Cellular Data. All you have to do, is turn on your cellular data (assuming you have a data plan)

(Settings, General, Network, Cellular Data ---> ON)

Then after 1 minute, turn it off again. – The problem is solved.

(This is assuming you have a cellular data plan)

No need to Restore your phone. No need to hard reset your phone. No need to reboot your phone.

Oh my gosh.. after 4 months, the solution is so simple. No wonder Apple says there is no problem. They probably have Cellular Data and WiFi in their testing environment.

Come to think of it, that’s why people going overseas (and turn off their cellular data) complain of this poor battery life.

Apple : You can test this out yourself – Take an iPhone4 disable the Cellular Data – add the normal Email accounts and standard apps from the AppStore. Use the phone for a month – I am quite sure you will face a similar problem. Check for similar Usage & Standby times.

- You may want to check out Bump, Facebook, Foursquare, Palringo, Talkbox, Tango, Viber but I suspect its Facebook.

in fact, after switching off and on the Cellular Data and completely decharging the iPhone, the battery seems to go better. But that looks to me really as a black magic.

Apr 29, 2011 5:08 AM in response to ApteryxMAC

It seems resolved, nothing seems to drain the battery now.

I did the following actions:

Restricted Ping

Stepped out from my Apple Store account

Reinstalled iTunes on my MAC

Switched OFF and ON the 3G Data

Fully discharged the battery two times and recharged from the wall all night long.

Now after 5 hours of use, with just two quick calls and some music, the battery is at 97% much better than ever.

In my opinion the best things to do are to turn off Ping, and fully discharge the battery.

Apr 30, 2011 7:32 AM in response to ApteryxMAC

I tried all the recommended "fixes" - Nothing changed. Battery has gone from good (iOS 4.3.1) to terrible (iOS 4.3.2)... I have done a full restore, after no change an additional reset... my battery last exactly 5 hours with 3G on - the equivelant of standby - during this time I made/received no calls, did not listen to music, no web browsing and read one new email!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2011 5:56 AM in response to ApteryxMAC

I had this same problem with my 32GB 3GS. I enabled restrictions on Ping and iTunes on my phone and also also fully uninstalled/reinstalled iTunes on my PC laptop. Neither solution worked.

When I disabled the Cellular Data and 3G for about a minute, let the battery completely run down and recharged, the drain issue was largely resolved.

I'm still having issues with it taking longer than normal to recharge my battery, but the bigger issue of the excessive drain is much better.

I still haven't removed the restrictions on Ping and iTunes yet, but hopefully turning those back on won't cause the problem to return.

May 2, 2011 8:07 AM in response to ApteryxMAC

In fact the problem is not exactly solved. Something linked to my 3G connection is the cause of the draining problem, but non an app.

When disconnected from internet (no WiFi no 3G data) the battery is great. Nothing is trying to access the net (and the battery can stay all the day to 100%).

When connected to WiFi, the charge doesen't decrease too fast, with a normal use of the net.

When I'm connected to 3G data the draining is too important to be normal.

Who knows...

Another IOS 4.3.2 Battery issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.