Skip navigation

Split Stack grayed out

451 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2011 6:32 AM by Frank Caggiano RSS
Rick Mansfield Level 1 Level 1 (145 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 26, 2011 6:19 AM

I'm one of the recent iPhoto to Aperture converts, so I ask for help and patience with my question. For the record, I did first look through older discussion to see if this question had been answered.

I have a group of pictures that I imported from a span of a few days that I'd like to split up. When I select the picture that I want to use to separate the group, and go to the Stacks menu, "Split Stack" is grayed out. I'm certain there something very basic here that I'm not doing correctly, but I'd appreciate any help available. Thanks.

15" MacBook Pro/iPad 2/iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.6.7)
  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (22,795 points)
    Apr 26, 2011 6:25 AM (in response to Rick Mansfield)

I have a group of pictures that I imported from a span of a few days that I'd like to split up. When I select the picture that I want to use to separate the group, and go to the Stacks menu, "Split Stack" is grayed out. I'm certain there something very basic here that I'm not doing correctly, but I'd appreciate any help available. Thanks.

You don't ever mention how these images got stacked in the first place.  If they aren't stacked you can't of course unstack them.

If they are stacked there should be a number in the upper left corner of the first image in the stack. Is that there? If you select the image are any of the stack commands not grayed out?

iMac Intel 3.06 GHz 8GB Mem; Macbook5.1 2.4ghz 4GB Mem, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Aperture 3.1.2
    Apr 26, 2011 6:27 AM (in response to Rick Mansfield)

Ok different. Select the images you want in the new project then go to File->New->Project.

The popup will allow you to name the project and there is a checkbox that if selected will move the selected images into the new project.

Apr 26, 2011 6:28 AM (in response to Rick Mansfield)

See my last reply.

Apr 26, 2011 6:32 AM (in response to Rick Mansfield)

Good luck, take your time Aperture can be a lot to digest al at once.

Thanks for the check

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.