Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split Stack grayed out

I'm one of the recent iPhoto to Aperture converts, so I ask for help and patience with my question. For the record, I did first look through older discussion to see if this question had been answered.

I have a group of pictures that I imported from a span of a few days that I'd like to split up. When I select the picture that I want to use to separate the group, and go to the Stacks menu, "Split Stack" is grayed out. I'm certain there something very basic here that I'm not doing correctly, but I'd appreciate any help available. Thanks.

15" MacBook Pro/iPad 2/iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 6:19 AM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2011 6:25 AM in response to Rick Mansfield

I have a group of pictures that I imported from a span of a few days that I'd like to split up. When I select the picture that I want to use to separate the group, and go to the Stacks menu, "Split Stack" is grayed out. I'm certain there something very basic here that I'm not doing correctly, but I'd appreciate any help available. Thanks.

You don't ever mention how these images got stacked in the first place. If they aren't stacked you can't of course unstack them.

If they are stacked there should be a number in the upper left corner of the first image in the stack. Is that there? If you select the image are any of the stack commands not grayed out?

Split Stack grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.