Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seagate 1.5TB USB3.0 FreeAgent GoFlex Portable, Here one minute - gone the next

To be clear on the device I am speaking about: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/external-hard-drive/portable- hard-drive

I purchased this drive to use as a portable backup with my MBA11.6.

It hasn't been what I would consider a resounding success and I wanted to know if anyone else is having similar problems.

At the moment the drive may or may not mount upon connection to the MBA. If it does mount there is no guarantee that it will stay present in the Finder. However, it has never provided a disconnect error when it stops responding. Like you might expect if you pulled the cable out on a normal USB external.

Additionally, It may or may not be visible in the Finder after it stops responding. However, it is typically still visible in the Disk Utility, just not mounted.

Admittedly I haven't gone through my own QA testing cycle to establish a pattern for the issues. I know that would be helpful, but haven't been bothered to dedicate the time at this point. Again, I wanted to see if there are others in a similar situation. I have seen a couple of posts about USB3.0 desktop devices having similar experiences, but not quite the same.

Apple was made aware of my issues through the Aperture team because a file consolidation consumed a number of RAW images. That to me was the odd part, initially the drive seemed to behave normally. Then it went south and seems to have stayed there.

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 8:34 AM

There are no replies.

Seagate 1.5TB USB3.0 FreeAgent GoFlex Portable, Here one minute - gone the next

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.