Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What software you use to remote your server from home?

Hi all, I am looking for a (free is best) remote software to help me monitoring my Macmini Server from home. I do a search and found many: Logmein, VNC, PCanywhere...

So what about you/ what software you are using? I hope you could share it here. Thanks!

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 1:05 PM

I've been using Logmein for some time now and haven't had any issues with it. Not familiar with any other options, as this was the first I tried and had no reason to look elsewhere. The free version is good enough for me (the paid Mac version doesn't support remote audio anyway, which is the only other feature I'd need). They also offer apps for both iOS and Android to connect from basically anywhere (the app is around $30). In reality, you could probably just use your phone's browser and accomplish the same thing, but I find the app works much smoother and was well worth the cost.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2011 1:05 PM in response to thanhlp

I've been using Logmein for some time now and haven't had any issues with it. Not familiar with any other options, as this was the first I tried and had no reason to look elsewhere. The free version is good enough for me (the paid Mac version doesn't support remote audio anyway, which is the only other feature I'd need). They also offer apps for both iOS and Android to connect from basically anywhere (the app is around $30). In reality, you could probably just use your phone's browser and accomplish the same thing, but I find the app works much smoother and was well worth the cost.

What software you use to remote your server from home?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.