Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will not export movies that are created using 8mm app.

Created a few movies using 8mm app. Sent all the movies to the library and then loaded them into imovie app. When i got the video they way i liked it imovie wouldn't export the movie.

It does export a regular movie shot with just the camera but that's not as fun.

any ideas?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 10:36 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2011 4:09 AM in response to kristojaxo

My guess is that the 8mm app encodes the video slightly differently; iMovie was made just to edit standard iPhone/iPad video. I read a lot of complaints here about people wanting other cameras footage to be editied.

Your best bet might be to contact the 8mm developer and ask them if it is encoded as standard iPhone video.

But can you add the 8mm look after you have edited; or can that program only shoot the format?

I've shyed away from the 8mm apps as most shoot the footage with the effect on, so you can't go back and see it "normal". I want one that can encode the look later.

Or you could get the edit program "splice" and see if it can edit the video; it's quite a good editor in itself (try the free version it's fine for me).

will not export movies that are created using 8mm app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.