Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone Classic not connect to wifi anymore?

A couple of months ago my iPhone Classic started only connecting sometimes to wifi & it continuously lost connection. A few weeks ago, in addition to no more automatic connects, it also quit accepting requests to search for a certain wifi router. I get the message "Could not scan for wireless networks." However, the spinning circle of lines beside the "Choose a Network..." still spins. This means that not only am I stuck with supper excessively slow data connects for e-mail, Maps, etc. but it is also not available to use routers while traveling for more precise positioning in Maps. My iPhone is not tampered with & is up to date.

ThankU,

DarrellSY

MacBook Pro 17" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3; 30" Cinema Display; 8 GB iPhone Classic

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 12:12 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2011 1:20 PM in response to Ingo2711

Those were simple troubleshooting things to get networks set up or for people who aren't familiar with networking. None of it applies to this situation. It is not working on any wifi & other people are able to use those routers for their Apple products and I can use those routers with my MBP. So, there is a bit more complicated problem here. Is there a way to find out if the wifi thingy n the iPhone is bad? or something?

Thanks

Why does my iPhone Classic not connect to wifi anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.