Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime image horizontal when should be vertical

We have two iPad2s, which we bought in large part to have facetime conversations when my wife or I are travelling. The problem we are having is that when we use the cover as a stand, which puts the iPad in portrait mode, the remote person in the conversation sees the image rotated 90 degrees, so the head is horizontal like they are lying down, even though they are in fact vertical. If the remote person rotates their screen 90 degrees, the image does as well, so it stays horizontal. The inset image showing the local person properly shows them as vertical. If the local person props up the iPad2 in portrait mode, then the remote person seems them directly, but the iPad is unstable and not angled properly to capture the face. I haven't been able to find anything on this, but it is happening with both our iPad2's, so it must be at least somewhat common.

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 1:17 PM

There are no replies.

Facetime image horizontal when should be vertical

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.