Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calibrating Audio monitors

When using Logic Ex or Garageband, it always sounds great on my Ms40 behringers monitors, but when playing the mixes on other equipment, the translation not always what I would expect. I have a bass and treble control on the monitors. Should I have them at zero or all the way and mix appropriatly to the settings?

Better yet, how to make a "flat" field from which to start?

Vernon Parsons

Logic Studio, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 12:31 AM

Hi,

your Behringers are no real studio monitors. The MS40 are more of a multimedia speaker set. In another forum i read to reduce the bass to 9 o'clock setting and to push the treble a little to get a better setting.

However, any monitor, no matter how good, is only as good as your experience with them. If you experience a significant change when playing your mix, try to find out what changed and set up your monitors according to it. If your mix has too few bass, reduce the bass setting on your monitors. If the treble is too harsh, increase the treble.

You also have to check your room acoustics - where you put the monitors (not too close to the wall and never inside a corner of the room. Your room has to be treated to prevent too many relfective sound and bass buildups inside of corners. It's not just the monitors. But for the monitors, if you want a good, flat sound, you have to spend at least about 500$ i guess.

Fox

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2011 12:31 AM in response to Vernon Parsons

Hi,

your Behringers are no real studio monitors. The MS40 are more of a multimedia speaker set. In another forum i read to reduce the bass to 9 o'clock setting and to push the treble a little to get a better setting.

However, any monitor, no matter how good, is only as good as your experience with them. If you experience a significant change when playing your mix, try to find out what changed and set up your monitors according to it. If your mix has too few bass, reduce the bass setting on your monitors. If the treble is too harsh, increase the treble.

You also have to check your room acoustics - where you put the monitors (not too close to the wall and never inside a corner of the room. Your room has to be treated to prevent too many relfective sound and bass buildups inside of corners. It's not just the monitors. But for the monitors, if you want a good, flat sound, you have to spend at least about 500$ i guess.

Fox

Calibrating Audio monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.