Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps will not launch

When I select Pandora or Facebook, it appears to launch, but then the application will not launch, it just goes to the screen with all the apps. I tried a "reset" but that did not work (settings/general/reset all settings)

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 4:19 PM

10 replies

Apr 26, 2011 5:41 PM in response to Florida 1953

Try closing some suspended apps to free up memory. While on the Home screen double-press the HOME button. You will see the Recently Used ribbon at the bottom of the screen. Hold any one of the icons until it wriggles, then tap the "-" on each icon until most of them are closed. Ideally do not close Mail, Phone or Messages because they will just relaunch, but "forget" where you were in them.

Apr 26, 2011 6:51 PM in response to Florida 1953

Here's a Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

It basically lets you do whatever you want with your iPhone like have FaceTime calls over 3G or download apps from the app store that are larger than 20MB without having to be on WiFi. It also allows you to install tons of amazing software that Apple otherwise prohibits on the iPhone.

Apr 26, 2011 7:11 PM in response to Florida 1953

If you are having an issue with an app you purchased from the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702

Step 3 might apply to you: "If all user-installed apps are not launching, it could be an Apple ID authorization issue. Download and install an app that isn't already installed on your device to reset this information."

Apr 27, 2011 11:33 PM in response to Florida 1953

i had the same problem after the recent update. my non-apple apps would start to launch... and close a second later. phone not jail-broken... a bug on apple's end for sure, or with an app i got from the iphone apps store..

i plugged my iphone into my Mac and it didn't show up on the desktop. i had to launch itunes... and muck about.

i click on the 'automatically launch itunes', started to restore, then backed out... then backed up 'bought' (not really bought, but whatever) applications.

after i ejected the iphone all the apps launched properly.

but the phone is noticably, and at times painfully, slower than it used to be.

Apps will not launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.