Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough memory to make a purchase?

Two things: It says that the registry for my DVD drive has been changed and now it won't let me burn discs, and second when I try to purchase a song (or album) off iTunes it tells me there is not enough memory and that it is an iTunes Store error.

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, taking out registry settings (had to do a system restore to undo that damage)... what do I need to do to get iTunes working again. I'm running it on 32-bit Vista. Thanks!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 6:58 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2011 9:39 AM in response to diesel vdub

When you open it up it says the DVD drive's registry has been changed and that iTunes needs to be reinstalled. Reinstalling doesn't help. If you try burning a disc it gives out an error. I am at work currently so do not have access to the specific error, can grab that later.

As for the memory thing... it will do it even if the computer is just started and minimal programs (and background processes) are open. It has plenty of RAM and memory to make a purchase.

Apr 27, 2011 5:30 PM in response to MSR Moorhead

I found the answer for real. I called apple and talked to some dude. All you have to do is clear your payment information, save it and then re-enter it. thats the bug, thats it.

go to the store drop down menu on the itunes toolbar... click view my account... click edit payment information... select 'none' for your credit card...click done... then try and buy your music... if you have a gift card or whatever. if you are just using your credit card or debit card, re-enter your payment information.

it worked for me i hope it works for you.

Not enough memory to make a purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.