Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth file transfer

I want to transfer file between my iPhone and other computers via bluetooth just like I am able to transfer files between my dumb button phone and my Mac. I saw several threads saying this is not possible (insert any rant against Apple's idiotic paranoia here). What I did not see mentioned in the threads is that there are plenty of apps that do this but only between iDevices (from app to the same app of course). Not between apps and computers.

My question is of course, is then BT file trasfer possible or not?

(It's not just curiosity. It has been a constant annoyance having to tranfer pictures from my iPhone to other people's computers via cable or email)

Thanks in advance.

macbook pro 2007, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPhone 3GS and 4, iOS4.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 6:54 PM

13 replies

Apr 26, 2011 7:51 PM in response to unixnerd09

It has better email messaging support (you can flag emails, view email priority, etc) and they have a much better notification system. For example, you can't change the email tone on your iPhone and the SMS notifications are very, very limited. Yes, there are very many things the BlackBerry can do that the iPhone can't do. There are also things the iPhone can do that the BlackBerry can't do (like have all the information taken off of it by police) but I guess it just depends what you need.

May 5, 2011 8:34 PM in response to ashukkinus

Thanks, I looked it up andit has bad reviews. Just like the Apple-approved one in the iOS store. But thanks for pointing it out to me, I will make a bookmark.

(The answers were honest, since it was about non jailbroken. Also, I did not ask about jailbroken. I had 4.2 jailbroken by greenpoison but the Finder kept crashing so I restored it)

Dec 13, 2011 1:25 PM in response to unixnerd09

This lack of Bluetooth file transfer really annoyed me too. My work around has been to just get a DropBox (free) account. You can add files to your DB folder right on the phone and the drop right into your DB folder on your computer. It's pretty quick too. Only "problem" is your computer needs to be on the net. But it's great because DropBox actually backs up whatever you put in there for 30 days or soemthing too. So if you delete something, you can restore it for a period of time. I use it for pretty much everything important these days.

Here's my DropBox referral link: http://db.tt/mq9rA5D

If you use that link, we both get a 250mb free space bonus. You get 2gb free space, and a 250mb bonus for everyone you refer. Mine is up to 8gb now, and pretty handy! The iPhone app is free too.

Check it out.

Jun 30, 2012 1:54 PM in response to lcpiercer

Actually, I use my device at college. So, as part of our coursework, me and my teammates may need to share information on the fly between our devices. Unfortunately, this guy I got teamed up with use an android phone and hence we are unable to transfer anything amoung ourselves on the go. We haven't been able to figure out how to transfer amoung our devices thru wifi, yet.

bluetooth file transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.