Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apogee Duet 2

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if the Apogee Duet 2 is going to in stock anytime soon eg Musician's Friend and if Apple going to have them for sale?

Regards

Recording Interface-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 7:38 PM

9 replies

May 29, 2011 9:54 PM in response to Classified_EX

Totally agree. I just spent hours with another user with problems with ANY usb audio, usb mics, etc, because all USB ports run off 1 bus, and if you have a few USB connections in fighting for bandwidth & power then problems be just too much.

At least firewire is 400mbps but a clean consistent 400mbps.

USB is up to 480mbps, and, effective rate reaches at 40MBps or 320Mbps for bulk transfer on a USB 2.0 hard drive with no one else is sharing the bus.

Why would anybody want that? Plus that's another USB port that I can't use. The firewire is great, because you have all the USB to play with.

I just don't understand why Apogee would do this to us.

May 29, 2011 10:05 PM in response to AussieDJ

Yup. I would trust most of my audio/visual equipment to firewire. Including Mixer and other stuff because they are great and reliable with a very consistent speed.

I was reading about the new Duet 2 and I thought it was great until my eyes reached the part that said USB2.0.

FIREWIRE can provide enough power for the device therefore it wouldn't need an external power supply like on the new one.

But I like the 2in - 4out 🙂 and OLED Display.

Jun 17, 2011 12:06 PM in response to AussieDJ

I have both the Apogee Duet 1 & 2. What I can tell you is that so far, the USB Duet 2 is substantially better. Lower latency, and much less trouble. The Firewire Duet works fine if that's all you have hooked into your Mac. But I've got 4 or 5 hard disks chained together and my MacBook Pro only has a single Firewire port.

It worked fine if I unplugged all of my hard drives and only used the Duet, but daisy-chained into one of my Firewire disks, every so often the Duet would lose its connection and I'd have to reboot.

No such problems with the Duet 2. The USB version has been working like a dream.

And.

I'm hoping to be able to use it with my iPad.

Apogee Duet 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.