Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waveburner CD TEXT Burning! YES or NO?

Ok I've read so many post on whether Waveburner 1.6.1 can burn an audio CD with CD-text, and have it work on CD players that can read CD-Text. Well so far I haven't got any anwers. Some say it works, but other say it doesn't.

I have a project that I'm trying to burn an audio CD with the CD-Text option on, on my G5 quad-core 2.8ghz machine and Mac OS 10.6.7 and I've inserted all the information, and then do a burn with a CD-R disc, but no CD-text has come up on 3 different CD players that I've tried them on.

Can anyone tell me if the Apple Disc Burner can actually do this, or will it only work once I give the Master CD to a duplication house, which is what I'm about to do? Anyone's help is appreciated!

My burner info is the following: (I don't see CD-Text in the Write Strategies section, if it's suppose to be there)

OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7170A:

Firmware Revision: 1.NC

Interconnect: ATAPI

Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)

Cache: 2048 KB

Reads DVD: Yes

CD-Write: -R, -RW

DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW

Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

Media: To show the available burn speeds, insert a disc and choose View > Refresh

G5 MacPro 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.6), NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, 6Gig Ram, FCStudio, Logic Pro 9, Airport

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 9:12 PM

5 replies

May 26, 2011 1:58 PM in response to micdim

the cd-text also only shows up in some players. there are 2 places the text info can be written and WB only writes it in one of those. . . so, i have a Denon (R-W subchannel method) player that reads the cd-text and a marantz (lead in area method) that doesn't read it from discs burned in WB. discs burned in WaveLab, Toast and a host of other programs show up in both players.

this bug, along with the ? bug make it difficult for pros to use this program.

- nick

Waveburner CD TEXT Burning! YES or NO?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.