Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer contacts to my PC

I have a iPhone 3GS and all my contacts are on my phone both personal and business. I need to transfer all of those to my PC so I can transfer them into my new iPad2. However I'm not able to do so, it does not give me the option of transferring my contacts from my iPhone to the PC??? Why???

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 9:14 PM

Because iDevice syncing is one-way - computer to iDevice. There are third-party utilities for transferring data from an iDevice to the computer. Look for them at MacUpdate and CNet Downloads.

16 replies

Dec 27, 2013 10:43 PM in response to Nandoman23

How to Transfer iPhone Contacts to computer

1.Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable

First of all, install and run Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor on your computer. Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. After detected, your iPhone will be shown in the primary window, like the screenshot shows below.

2.Transfer iPhone contacts to computer

In the left sidebar, click "Contacts" to show the contacts on your iPhone memory card and accounts, like iCloud, Exchange and Yahoo!. In the contact window, choose the contacts that you'd like to transfer to the computer. Click "Import/Export" > "Export Selected Contacts" or "Export All Contacts" > "to a Single vCard File" or "to Multiple vCard Files". Then the file browser window pops up. Browse your computer to find a place to save the exported contacts.

Jul 3, 2014 6:37 PM in response to Nandoman23

On the other hand, if you want to cope your Android contacts to computer, for fear that Android phone might be broken or stolen? A professional Android device manager – Android Data Transfer can solve your problem.

It support you a good idea to export contacts from Android to your computer. You can import/export contacts between Android and computer when you accidentally delete or lose some important contacts on your Android phone or when you want to export contacts to PC.

Nov 18, 2014 12:48 AM in response to Nandoman23

iCloud is useful for a lot of things and backing up your iPhone's data is one of them. Included in the data and files that you can safely keep using iCloud are your contacts. The following instructions detail how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer.

Step 1. On your iPhone, tap on Settings. On the "Settings" menu, select "iCloud". You will then be taken to the iCloud Settings.

Step 2. Enable the "Contacts" setting and should you be informed that you'll have to merge your contacts to iCloud, tap "Merge".

Step 3. Now on your computer, go to iCloud.com and login with your iCloud credentials.

Step 4. Once you're logged in, click on the Contacts icon to access your address book and all iCloud features for the contacts you've uploaded.

Step 5. In the address book, click on the cog icon at the lower-left portion, click "Select All", and "Export vCard" afterwards.

Step 6. iCloud will then give you a vCard that you can store on your computer. It contains all the contacts you've uploaded to iCloud using your iPhone.

How to transfer contacts to my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.