10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2011 7:44 AM by Michael Wasley
R C-R Level 6 Level 6 (15,990 points)

I have noticed the following changes in the latest build or overnight maintenance or whatever it is:

1. Location info is now shown for each post

2. User level & points are now shown for each post

3. The popup overlay that appeared when the pointer was over the poster's icon is gone

4. Clicking on a (large?) image in a post no longer pops it up in an overlay; instead it appears in a new page

There may be more, but those are what I noticed almost immediately.

• Klaus1 Level 8 Level 8 (46,060 points)

Yes, a big improvement!

• Barry Hemphill Level 8 Level 8 (36,755 points)

Amen! 

Barry

• thomas_r. Level 7 Level 7 (30,205 points)

4. Clicking on a (large?) image in a post no longer pops it up in an overlay; instead it appears in a new page

I wouldn't qualify that as an improvement.    Takes longer to load a new page and even longer to then go back to the previous page.

• Tuttle Level 7 Level 7 (29,375 points)

I agree. That's not an improvement.

• likeabird Level 2 Level 2 (425 points)

Hi,

I like the new improvements Apple made.  Also, I would like to add that each post now shows the date and time at which it was posted. 

---likeabird---

• R C-R Level 6 Level 6 (15,990 points)

Thomas A Reed wrote:

I wouldn't qualify that as an improvement.    Takes longer to load a new page and even longer to then go back to the previous page.

Well, first of all, on further checking it seems to vary from topic to topic -- for me some load in new pages & some don't. But the improvement I am now seeing (when they do load in a new page) was with graphics that previously appeared in a overlay that was too wide for the screen & the browser window could not be scrolled to see all of it. At least in a separate page, I can now see the whole thing.

I also have the option to open the graphic in a new browser tab, which eliminates the need to reload the 'parent' page.

• Tuttle Level 7 Level 7 (29,375 points)

I've seen it explained that when lower-case file suffixes are used (.jpg, .png, etc.), images will open in the lightbox overlay.

When uppercase suffixes are used, (.JPG, .PNG, etc.), images will open in a separate window.

• laverne's mom Level 2 Level 2 (395 points)

and going to "latest" reply in a long thread actually takes you to the real latest reply.  Getting easier and easier to move around these communities. 

• R C-R Level 6 Level 6 (15,990 points)

laverne's mom wrote:

and going to "latest" reply in a long thread actually takes you to the real latest reply.  Getting easier and easier to move around these communities. 

Unfortunately, for me that is still hit or miss, & there are far more misses than hits.

• Michael Wasley Level 5 Level 5 (6,810 points)

R C-R wrote:

Unfortunately, for me that is still hit or miss, & there are far more misses than hits.

Likewise.