Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many devices does the enterprise licence allow you to deploy?

I have been trying to find an official answer to how many devices you can deploy for the enterprice licence from apple. Or atleast someone confirming that it can hold more than 300 devices

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 2:21 AM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2011 7:14 AM in response to Cristobal @ happiness

There is no licensing for the iPad. When you buy the device, you are buying the iOS that is on it, so no need for Windows-type licensing. We have a number of iPads and there is no need to have any special licensing for them. If you deploy apps, use the iPhone/iPad configuration utility and easily add what you need, even apps that are in-house only.

Enjoy the best business tool ever invented.

May 3, 2011 1:26 AM in response to Rob Roye

Thanks Rob for answering but im talking about the enterprise licence as a developer.

You re misstaken about inhouse apps. You do need a licence (It's 299USD). With a standard developer licence you can not create inhouse apps. You can only make time limited applications (for testing) and you are confined to 100 unique devices. I need to know how many devices I can deploy inhouse with an enterprise account.

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#featuredarticles/FA_Wireless_Enterprise_ App_Distribution/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009979

May 3, 2011 8:25 AM in response to Cristobal @ happiness

The $299 is not a license for the applications you develop, per se. It's for membership in the program which gives you access to all the necessary tools. To the best of my knowledge, there is no limit on the number of devices to which you can distribute in-house applications. You can confirm, though, by contacting Developer Program Support:

http://developer.apple.com/contact/

Regards.

How many devices does the enterprise licence allow you to deploy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.