Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail 4.5 corrupt?

I run Mac OS X 10.6.7 and Mail 4.5 a macbook Pro 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo (with 4 GB RAM).

Some emails are not displayed correctly. As you see in the screen shot, the overview table shows the concerned emails in a correct way.

The detailed view, however, does not display the details of the email, sometimes starting from the FROM address, sometimes starting from one of the TO addresses.

Can someone tell me what is wrong, how I can fix this and how I can prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,

Peter

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 6:22 AM

10 replies

May 12, 2011 9:49 AM in response to Tulor

Peter, hi.

I have no idea what the problem is, but I think you might start by downloading and applying the 10.6.7 Combo Update.

Have you added any fonts, or changed them around? It might be a good idea to use the Font Book application to check them.

Also, run Console.app and then start Mail, and see do any error messages get posted there.

What do you mean by "This issue also makes "reply" crash..."?

May 13, 2011 12:54 AM in response to Tulor

Hello again,

Thanks for your reply. I tried all the steps... Unfortunately, they did not do the job.

I had several minor issues with the fonts. I removed all the fonts that were involved.

No errors are shown in the console when starting Mail.

>> What do you mean by "This issue also makes "reply" crash..."?

When I select one of those messages (in which the sender address is not displayed) and click "reply", the mail application hangs. If I force quit it and restart it, there is a mail in the drafts folder (for each time I clicked on "reply").

Another thing I perceive is that the autocomplete address does not work properly anymore. I really believe both issues are related. Is there a way of getting a view of (and editing) the previous recipients list?

Thanks,

Peter

May 13, 2011 3:53 AM in response to Tulor

In Mail the menu item Windows/Previous Recipients will bring up the previous recipients which can then be deleted or moved to the Address Book.

What happens, when you have a message with the sender not displayed, if you use View/Message/Long Headers? (or Raw Source). If you have one of those and you quit Mail and restart it, are the headers still missing?

Are the messages where the headers don't show always from the same source?

Mail 4.5 corrupt?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.