Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac will not work with Canon EOS cameras

My imac OS X 10.6 is not working well with my Canon EOS 5d Mark II camera on the tethered mode. The camera works well with other Mac computers, and I have spent hours with Canon tech help. It now seems that the issue may be with the computer. The EOS Utility is working, everything has been updated, all Canon checkpoints look good, but when I use the camera, the image does not transfer. And then everything gets locked into a loop and I have to crash the camera and force quit the program. Is there something in the computer that may be blocking the transfers? any ideas where to look? Canon has done everything on the camera side, but I don't know where to begin with the computer.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 7:01 AM

8 replies

Apr 27, 2011 8:48 AM in response to jimfromdallas

OH, ok. So the issue is with transferring the image from the camera to the computer. Since you said you have done everything possible with canon, the camera's firmware is completely up to date, you have the correct software installed. Since you say no cameras work with this computer I am inclined to say the problem is from the computer, which is why the problem exists. I'd do an apple hardware test and see if anything turns up. Clean install of the canon software would also be a good idea.

Mac will not work with Canon EOS cameras

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.