Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flat threading

Is it me or does the threading go flat on very large threads? Just curious.

Have a nice day.

Two White MacBook Core Duo 1.83 (2006) 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Time Capsule 500GB 7.5.2; Two iPad 16GB iOS 4.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 8:51 AM

It does go flat on large threads. It also seems to go flat randomly on small threads... I've seen it flat on a thread with one reply. I can't figure it out.

5 replies

Apr 27, 2011 9:31 AM in response to paulcb

Any replies made to the original post will not be indented, hence will appear to be flat. It isn't, just looks that way. Doing that conserves a bit of horizontal real estate, delays the sideways scrunching that happens to a reply to a reply to a reply....

Since the original post (as well as any subsequent post by the original poster) is shaded blue while all replies by others have no shading, there is no conflict by not having first-level replies indented.

Apr 27, 2011 11:45 AM in response to paulcb

Hi, paulcb -

BTW, planning a trip to Fredericksburg this summer... looking forward to visiting the "Hill Country" down there.

I'm just soouth of there.

Fredericksburg (or F-burg, as it is often referred to locally) is a not-bad place. They decided many decades ago that a good part of the city's future lay in attracting the tourist trade, so the city-center is set up for that - wide streets, lots of smallish shops and stuff.

What used to be called the Nimitz Museum was renamed a while back to The National Museum of the Pacific War - it's better than the pretentiousness of the new name might indicate.

They've got a bunch of vineyards around there, too, in addition to peach orchards.

The Hill Country in general is very nice. It tends to stay green when the rest of the state goes brown from lack of water. It has a decent amount of ups and downs (it's called the "Hill" Country for a reason), balancing the flatness the rest of the state tends toward.

There's lots of small towns approx 20-25 miles apart (that was a good day's travel back in the days of horses and wagons), each with its own flavor and character.

Enjoy your trip!

Flat threading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.