Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where's the update?

I currently have iPhoto '11 (9.1.1) installed that was purchased from the Mac App Store. I know 9.1.2 was released yesterday, but when I launch the App Store, there are no available updates. It says on the iPhoto app page that the current version is 9.1.2, but it also says it's already installed. I tried launching Software Update, and it won't show up in there either. Any ideas on why SU and the MAS think I already have 9.1.2 and how I can go about getting the update?

15" MBP (Early '08) 2.4GHz / 13" MacBook (Late '06) 2.0GHz / 20" iMac 2.4GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPhone 4 iOS 4.3 (x2, 16GB & 32GB)

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 10:58 AM

You can get it at the Apple Downloads page. I prefer to download all updates from there and install them manually. Safer IMO.

OT

8 replies

Apr 27, 2011 12:35 PM in response to Old Toad

I found the problem. Spotlight. I started investigating and discovered that none of my other apps which have since been updated where showing available updates either. So some digging on the internet led to me to an article about spotlight. I never use spotlight and therefore had it disabled. However, in order for the Mac App Store to function properly regarding updates, spotlight must be active. So, turned spotlight on, launched the app store, and viola, updates!

G

Apr 27, 2011 12:38 PM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad, I had the exact same experience as ggarthe (9.1.2 not offered by App store or Software Update) and as you correctly point out, I can download it directly, but it is worrying that two "official" methods of getting updates fail to offer it. I thought it might be because I have an early 2006 core duo iMac but from ggarthe's experience, this is not the issue.

Where's the update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.