Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My projects use a lot of space

Hey

I have created 2 projects, the first was a about 3 minutes worth of clips took about 1.5GB, which is fine as it allowed me to burn it onto a 4.7GB disk, but on my second project which is about 4 and a half minutes it says that each clip (no matter the length of the clip, be it 14 seconds or 1 minute) is 6.33GB and when I click on show info on the entire project it says that the whole project is also 6.33 which just doesn't make sense, I have tried reducing the project but it remains 6.33GB and i need it to be 4.7GB or under to fit on a disk that it must be on. Any solutions? I have put Imovie ios but it sasys version 5.0.2 which ever one that is

iMovie (iOS), Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 12:03 PM

5 replies

Apr 28, 2011 2:13 AM in response to AppleMan1958

AppleMan1958 wrote:

You may be able to get more than an hour, but that is a safe number.

If using the Best Performance encoding setting (in Project>Project Info) the maximum time is an hour, including menus. However, if you encode as High Quality or Professional Quality my understanding is that the maximum time extends to two hours, including menus. That's for single layer discs of course.

John

Apr 28, 2011 2:15 AM in response to John Cogdell

John Cogdell wrote:

AppleMan1958 wrote:

You may be able to get more than an hour, but that is a safe number.

If using the Best Performance encoding setting (in Project>Project Info) the maximum time is an hour, including menus. However, if you encode as High Quality or Professional Quality my understanding is that the maximum time extends to two hours, including menus. That's for single layer discs of course.

John

Yes, you can get up to two hours, but the quality degrades with longer running time. I prefer to keep my movies at most 75 minutes (including theme videos) for best quality.

Apr 28, 2011 2:28 AM in response to Lennart Thelander

Good point Lennart. I tend to keep mine within 90 minutes (usually less than an hour). Most of my projects are much less than that, but with wedding videos you often need the extra time. With wedding videos, I usually put the ceremony, celebrations, family photo session etc on one DVD, and the Reception and a short Highlights segment (and sometimes a slideshow) on another, so as to maintain quality where possible.

John

My projects use a lot of space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.