Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Descriptions are broken

I've had a perpetual problem with this version of iPhoto. Adding descriptions in the info bar is very annoying. There is placeholder text that says "Add a description". Many times, when I click in this area and start typing, the placeholder text disappears, only to reappear within a few seconds. When this happens it wipes out some or all of the text that I have typed.

Any ideas what is going wrong here? Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers!

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 3:09 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2011 3:19 PM in response to Phil McFarlane

Make sure you're running the latest version of iPhoto. Then delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your Home/Library/Preferences folder, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding the the Option key. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

OT

Descriptions are broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.