Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant Boot to OSX Install DVD

I used the disk utility (booted to the install DVD by holding down the <C> key) to partition the hard drive in my Macbook into two partitions. Subsequent to this, I successfully installed the OS( installed it on 1st partition) Now I want to boot to the install DVD again so I can "nuke" the hard disk and start over. The only problem is that now, even if I hold the <C> key down, it won't boot to the install DVD....thought I'd see if anyone has ideas.

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 3:03 PM

What happens if you hold down the "option" key? This key will allow you to choose which disk to boot up from.

3 replies

Apr 27, 2011 3:03 PM in response to Bonesaw1962

Probably your DVD is scratched or dirty. Take a look at the reflective side of the DVD. If it has lots of finger prints carefully wipe it clean with a lint free cloth. If it is scratched get your computer's serial number and call AppleCare for a replacement.

If the DVD appears to be in good shape you might try a lens cleaner for the optical drive.

Cant Boot to OSX Install DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.