Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto not retaining "to" email address

When I try to send photos from Iphoto, the email address disappears as soon as I leave that field.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 3:49 PM

9 replies

Jun 8, 2011 11:53 AM in response to lauriefromblue jay

Make sure iPhoto is up to date, 9.1.3 and do what SeattleApple suggested. There was a problem with the earlier iPhoto 9 version but it appears fixed with 9.1.3.

If it still does that try this: launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and check to see if the same problem persists. If it doesn't then your library is the culprit. If it does then the application may be at fault. Post back with the results.

OT

Jun 24, 2012 1:03 PM in response to lauriefromblue jay

Try this. In Address Book, the email address needs to have a first and last name filled out in its Address Book name fields - not just an email address for an entry. Adding the names fixes it. If it still doesn't work do a search in address book for the email address and resolve duplicates or make sure that everything that comes up has the names fixed. It worked for me.

iphoto not retaining "to" email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.