You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP file to XML without newer version of Final Cut

I used FCP 6 and he uses 7. I'm unable to ask him to convert it to XML at this point. Is there any way to convert an FCP 7 file to be read in FCP 6 without the use of the newer FCP?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 11:17 PM

8 replies

Apr 28, 2011 1:05 AM in response to Shane Ross

Yes ... download Digital Rebellion's FCS Maintenance Pack (15 day free demo) and open the project XML with the "XML Repair" tool, then from the menubar choose Tools menu > Convert XML Interchange Version ...

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsmaintenance/

Then whoop for joy, consider how useful it would be to have such a toolset available to you for longer than the 15 day demo period, and buy a license ... awesome tools by awesome developers need to be encouraged and supported.

Btw, the chap behind Digital Rebellion is Jon Chappell, a regular and valued contributor to these forum ... so if you see him be sure to say "Thank you".

Cheers

Andy

Aug 27, 2015 3:44 AM in response to Warren Heaton

Hi Warren,

I just came across your post offering to convert someone's fcp-files to something that is usable in Premiere Pro. I have only two fcp-files from a summer school on video making (using Final Cut Pro 7) this year. I was hoping to continue working on the footage at home but only realized now that I don't have the correct format to use them in Premiere Pro.

Would you be willing to help?

Best,

Kay

FCP file to XML without newer version of Final Cut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.