Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My battery life on my iphone 4 has been TERRIBLE since the most recent iOS update!

My battery life on my iphone 4 has been TERRIBLE since the most recent iOS update. Is anyone else experiencing this? At night I use a white noise app, and up to the most recent update, I never was below half battery in the morning. Now my phone is completely dead in the morning. I've noticed it draining faster in general since the update as well, but that particular app was just the best example.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 7:30 AM

2 replies

May 2, 2011 8:20 AM in response to jasonfromyellville

One of the new features on the iPhone 4 is Multitasking ; it lets you do multiple things at once. For example, while iPhone is busy downloading a movie from iTunes, you can switch to the Safari app and browse IMDb in the meantime. So there's no more waiting around.

Each time you open an app and then press the home button, the app is still open. At the end, you may have too many apps opened at the same time.

To close apps, double click on the home button. Your opened apps will appear; hold one of them, then click on the red close to close an app.

Close as many as possible if you don't need them.

My battery life on my iphone 4 has been TERRIBLE since the most recent iOS update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.