Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch 3G not updating back up list at every back up?

When you back up it's supposed to give you the list of back ups to restore from. Well mine is not doing that. I back up, go to list and all it says is "Last synced" now if I have to restore for some reason how does one restore help me and not multiple?

anyone have the same problem and can help?

Thanks.

It's giving me a headache. 😠

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 1:57 PM

This is the way it works.

Each new backup overwrites the last. You should have ONE backup.

"

iTunes only keeps one backup created during the sync process for each device. If you restore the iPhone or iPod touch and choose to set up as a new device from the Set Up your iPhone (or iPod touch) screen, iTunes will automatically sync and create a new, empty backup that will replace your previous backup. If you change your mind and want to restore to your previous state, you will have to retrieve your previous device backup from Time Machine (on your Mac), or other backup solution you regularly use. If you have Mac OS X 10.5.5 or later and use Time Machine, you may use Time Machine to find a previous backup."

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2011 1:57 PM in response to Wow I'm an Idiot

This is the way it works.

Each new backup overwrites the last. You should have ONE backup.

"

iTunes only keeps one backup created during the sync process for each device. If you restore the iPhone or iPod touch and choose to set up as a new device from the Set Up your iPhone (or iPod touch) screen, iTunes will automatically sync and create a new, empty backup that will replace your previous backup. If you change your mind and want to restore to your previous state, you will have to retrieve your previous device backup from Time Machine (on your Mac), or other backup solution you regularly use. If you have Mac OS X 10.5.5 or later and use Time Machine, you may use Time Machine to find a previous backup."

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Ipod touch 3G not updating back up list at every back up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.