Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Port forwarding through a DSL modem and two Airport Extremes

Hi, I'm new to these forums and this is my first post, so I apologize if this topic has already been answered elsewhere. I searched the forums and google for the answer but I haven't had any luck.

Here's my situation: I'm trying to setup port forwarding so that I can remotely access Plex Media Server from my iPhone away from my home.

At home I have a Motorola 2210-02 AT&T DSL modem connected to the internet, connected to that I have an Airport Extreme (the latest) and connected to that, via ethernet, I have another Airport Extreme (same model). I have have what Apple calls a "roaming network" and it works flawlessly. Now of course I have to go and make it more complicated.

Can anyone advise me how to setup port forwarding so that I can access my computer through all of these devices?

A little extra info: I have checked portforward.com but their explanation of forwarding through multiple routers is over my head.

$20 bucks to whoever helps me get it working!

-Jack

Airport Extreme-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 3:48 PM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2011 4:15 PM in response to jackfromtexas

Also, I keep reading about how having a statis IP is necessary to make this work. Does my computer running the Plex software need static IP, or is it the AEBS that need it or the DSL modem or all three?

If I just leave my AEBS' configurations alone and just setup port forwarding on the AT&T modem will it work, considering it's currently setup as one network??

Port forwarding through a DSL modem and two Airport Extremes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.